Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Government Documents Materials - over 150,000 government publications in print, 15,000 in microfilm and many more online. Located in the center of the 1st floor, past the Reference Collection.
- Reference Collection - non-circulating (for use in the library only) collection including encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference materials. Located in the center of the first floor.
- GIS Hub - get specialized help with Geographic Information Systems research.
- Computer Stations - use your Morgan credentials (same as your Morgan e-mail) to log on and access the internet, Microsoft Office, and other software essential to your education. Located on the first floor past the Circulation Department, and on the 2nd & 3rd floors throughout the stacks.
- Circulation Department - check out & return materials, get a key for a study room, borrow materials your professors left on course reserve, and more. The front desk of the library, located as you first enter the building.
- Reference Department - open 10-4 Monday-Friday for drop-in help with research or questions about the library. Part of the Circulation Department, ask at the front desk for help.
- Computer Lab Help Desk - the first point of contact for students, faculty, and staff seeking assistance with computer issues and information concerning Library IT resources. Located on the first floor, down the corridor to your right as you enter the building, behind the elevators.
- Computer Lab 117 - our main instruction lab, used for information literacy classes. Open for study when not in use. Located on the first floor, down the corridor to your right as you enter the building, past the elevators.
- Computer Lab 118 - our main computer lab for study. Located on the first floor, down the corridor to your right as you enter the building, past the elevators.
- Parren Mitchell Room 120 (Lounge) - a computer lab & the only room in the library where you can have food & drink. Immediately to your right as you enter the building, before you pass through the second set of glass doors.
- Graduate Student Study Rooms - available for graduate students for private study spaces, reserve online or contact Circulation at (443) 885-3477 or email@example.com for access. Located on the south side of the 2nd floor.
- 2nd Floor Reading north area - open, brightly lit, study space. Located on the north side of the 2nd floor.
- Microfilm viewers - available to use with our microfilm collection, contact the Multimedia Department for help. Located between the Multimedia department & the Serials collection.
- Multimedia Department - browse our multimedia collection, or reserve the room for watching films for classes and projects. Located on the 2nd floor by the main staircase.
- Serials/Journals/Magazines - our collection of periodical publications, available for use in-house only. Located in the center of the 2nd floor.
- Group Study Rooms - available for groups students for collaborative work & study, reserve online or contact Circulation at (443) 885-3477 or firstname.lastname@example.org for access. Located on the south side of the 2nd floor.
- 3rd Floor Reading north area - open, brightly lit, study space. Located on the north side of the 3rd floor.
- Beulah Davis Special Collections - holds the university archives & the rare and unique materials of the library. Located between the reading north area & the Stacks/General Book area.
- Stacks/General Book area - the main circulating collection of the library. Includes computers available for study. Located in the center of the 3rd floor.
- Quiet Zone - encompassing the Stacks/General Book area, to keep the 3rd floor an ideal place to study quietly.
- Oversized Books - for all extra-large books. Located on the south side of the 3rd floor, past the Stacks/General Book area.
- Graduate and Honors Study Carrel Room - available for graduate students, contact Circulation at (443) 885-3477 or email@example.com for access.. Located in room 311 on the west side of the 3rd floor.
- Faculty/Graduate Individual Reading and Study Rooms - available for faculty & graduate students, by reservation only. Students must talk to the library admin office (there is a waiting list, reserved for a year at a time). Contact the office at (443) 884-3478 or in Room 312. Located on the southwest side of the 3rd floor.
Quiet Zone Policies
- The Stacks area located on the third (3rd) floor of the Richardson Library is designated a "Quiet Zone" for studying and reading.
- The "Quiet Zone" is designed as an area for patrons to use free of noises and distractions caused by other library patrons.
- Conversations must be held outside the "Quiet Zone" and are in conjunction with Library rules regarding noise level, cell phone, and headphone use.
- Groups may use the area if they do not disturb other patrons or violate other guidelines listed.
- Patrons who are disturbing other patrons or otherwise making noise may be asked to follow guidelines or asked to move to another part of the library.