Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Meeting Room Booking Policies
- The Benjamin A. Quarles Room 119 and Blount Conference Room 120C in the ESR Library are available for University related meetings, as well as workshops, presentations, and seminars of an educational nature.
- Requests by the MSU President, Provost, or Director of the Library may take precedence over existing reservations.
- The rooms are not intended as a site for holding regularly scheduled classes.
- Use of the rooms must not interfere with Library operations. Generally, telephones are reserved for Library business, and library staff members are not available to receive or deliver messages.
- No rearranging of the furniture is permitted, and the rooms and their contents should not be altered in any way.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the rooms.
- The Library is not responsible for items left in the rooms.
- Dates and times of reservations must conform to Library hours.
- Reservations can be made through the Library’s website with 48 hours notice ahead of time and up to 9 months in advance.
Additional chairs can be moved into room for additional seating by giving advance notice in the request. Both rooms have a podium, projector, screen, computer and audiovisual capabilities. (NOTE: all of the computers in the Library, like all other computers on the University network, require an MSU account, consisting of User Name and Password).
If you have any questions or issues with the room, please notify the Library Administrative Office at 443-885-3488.
Benjamin A. Quarles Room (119)
Located on the first floor, to the right of the main elevators. The room has glass windows facing in to the Library spaces. The Quarles Room seats up to 20 persons. Tables are oriented in a long conference room style.
Blount Conference Room (120C)
Located inside of the first floor lounge; access is from the area between the main outer and inner entrance/exit doors. The room is more private with no windows facing into the Library. The Blount Room seats up to 24 persons. Tables are arranged in round-table fashion.