- The Graduate and Honors Study Carrel Room located in room 311 is available to registered graduate and honors students on a first-come/first-served basis.
- The study room has a limit of 25 students total.
- The study room is for individual study. Group studying is not permitted.
- The study room is considered an “Extreme Quiet Zone” and is designed as an area for patrons to use free of noises and distractions.
- As is the case with the entire Library, food and drink are not permitted in the study room.
- Personal items should not be left unattended. All personal items left unattended are subject to removal by staff and placed in the Lost and Found at the Circulation Desk. Library staff are not responsible for unattended items, or unattended items after removal.
- To gain access, students must register with the Circulation Desk to use the study room. Students must re-register each time they wish to utilize the room. A swipe card will be checked out in the student’s name for use. The student must also leave their Bear Card at the Circulation Desk during the duration of their study room use. The student may not leave the Library with the study room’s swipe card.
- Students using the study room are not to open the door for anyone who has not registered with the Circulation Desk to utilize the study room.
- Students with swipe cards who have not returned them before the Library closes for the day (or within 24 hours during “overnight hours”) will incur a $10 late fee. Swipe cards that are lost or not returned within 48 hours will cause the holder to incur a $80 “lost/unreturned” fee.
- Failure to follow the Graduate and Honors Study Carrel Room policies and/or being disruptive will cause the student to lose study room use privileges for the remainder of the academic year.
Please contact the Circulation Services Desk at 443-885-3477 if you have any concerns about the Graduate and Honors Study Carrel Room.