Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GIS Books in the Social Sciences
This page connects the Morgan Community with books on GIS in the Social Science.
Tutorials and Applications of GIS in the Social Sciences
- Maantay, Juliana, John Ziegler. GIS for the Urban Environment. Redlands, CA : ESRI Press 2006 HT 153 .M314 2006
- Ballas, Dmitri. GIS and the Social Sciences: Theory and Applications. New York: Routledge, 2018 [On Order]
- Parker, Robert N. Emily Asencio. GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling. New York: Routledge, 2009 [On Order]
- Steinberg, Steven J., Sheila L. Steinberg. Geographic Information Systems for the Social Sciences: Investigating Space and Place. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2006 [On Order]
- Abernathy, David. Using Geodata and Geolocation in the Social Sciences: Mapping our Connected World. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2017 [On Order]