Jan 9, 2019 - Deadline for submissions
~ Febr. 1, 2019 Selectors forward nomination to judges
~ Febr. 20, 2019 Judges return evaluations to selectors.
March 15, 2019 - All annotations must be returned by the selectors to the chair by this date.
1. The chair complies a preliminary set of 20 to 40 notable documents in each category, and forwards them to selectors who verify the bibliographic citations and URLs.
2. Selectors send a list of nominated titles spreadsheets to the judges. If copies of the documents are being sent to the judges (as in the case of state & local documents), the nomination form should be attached to the document. In general, copies of federal and international documents will be assumed to be available in the judges' libraries.
3. Judges rate the documents according to the criteria in the PPM. Judges return the total scores for each nominated item to the selector.
4. The selectors total the points assigned to each document by the judges. The selector chooses and annotates those documents with the highest total points. Point ties, or questions regarding the eligibility of a document are left to the discretion of the selector. The list of up to 20 notable documents with annotations is compiled and sent to the chair. The selector should also send scanned covers of graphically appealing documents to the chair.
5. The chair edits the list, writes the article with input from the Panel, sends the list and graphically-appealing scanned covers to the editors at Library Journal. Following the publication of the list, the chair sends letters of acknowledgement to agencies publishing the documents on the list.