Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MLA Paper Format
MLA is pretty easy to format if you can remember a few rules:
- Don't use a cover sheet. The first sheet of your paper is the first page of your essay.
- Number your pages with your last name and the page number in the upper-right-hand corner (see below)
- Use 1" margins all around
- Center your title
- Use the heading below (name, professor's name, course, and date)
- Double space the text
- Use a 12 pt. font
- Put your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your paper.